3 cups sliced carrots
1/4 onion, thickly sliced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 can of tomato soup
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
• Peel and slice the carrots.
• Cook the carrots in a small amount of salted boiling water until crispy tender.
• Thickly slice the onions and place in a bowl
• Drain the cooked carrots and add them to the bowl.
• Add the diced pepper to the bowl.
• In a saucepan combine the tomato soup, oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire Sauce.
• On medium high heat warm up the tomato brine.
• Stir the warm brine into the carrots and let cool.
• Wrap and chill for at least 24 hours.
• Remove the onion chunks and discard.
• Adjust salt and season with pepper and serve.