MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

17.3.11

BAKED MANICOTTI


Manicotti is nice as a meatless dish or with precooked sausage meat added to the filling. Manicotti shells are expensive and a bit fussy to fill. Using lasagne noodles instead might not be the purist’s approach, but certainly easier and more economical than filling manicotti shells. The recipe calls for commercial lasagne noodles. I make my own, so it looks a bit different in the picture.

6 lasagne noodles, cooked and rinsed in cold water
1-1/3 cups pasta sauce
1-3/4 cups ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup pesto

• Prepare pasta to package directions and drain.
• Spread 3/4 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish.
• In a bowl combine the ricotta, egg, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and pesto.
• Cut each lasagne noodle in half.
• Divide the cheese mixture on every noodle.
• Fold one end over and tuck under.
• Arrange the folded pastas in the prepared baking dish.
• Pour the remaining pasta sauce on the top.
• Bake at 350F for 40 min or until heated through.


     

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!

Blog Archive