1/4 head green cabbage, very thinly sliced
1 small carrot, grated
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 Tbsp sugar
• After removing the bitter core very thinly slice the cabbage.
• Peel the carrot and grate it.
• Combine cabbage with the grated carrot in a large bowl.
• Transfer to a large colander and rinse well under cold running water.
• Let slaw drip dry.
• Roll out a section of [3 large sheets] of paper towel on the counter.
• Scatter the slaw on the top and roll up paper towel.
• Let is rest inside the paper towel for 5 minutes.
• Transfer slaw back into the bowl.
• Sprinkle with cider vinegar and toss.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss.
• In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1/2 Tbsp of sugar.
• Add mayonnaise mixture to the bowl and toss.
• Serve immediately. Yields 4 servings