1 can of chick peas, drained -- not rinsed, liquid reserved
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp tahini [no more]
1/2 lemon, juice of
pinch of salt
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 medium onion, diced
1 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
• Blend or process chick peas, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice.
• If the mixture is too dry and won't process, add a little chick pea liquid.
• Taste and adjust the salt and lemon juice.
• Add a 1/4 cup of olive oil and blend or process until fairly smooth.
• Make the paprikás sauce.
• Dice 1/4 of a medium onion.
• Place 3 Tbsp of olive oil in a non stick fry pan.
• Add the onions; and on medium heat sauté until very soft.
• Remove from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp of Hungarian paprika.
• Make a well in the center and scatter around the paprikás onions.
• Serve hummus with soft flat breads, or with a whole wheat baguette [long skinny
French bread] and roasted peppers, or with a variety of vegetable crudities.