image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

4.3.10

FLUFFY BROWN SUGAR FROSTING


3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cold water
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Dash of salt
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla

1. Partially fill base of a double boiler with water; cover and bring to boil.
2. In double boiler top (do not place it over water), combine all the ingredients except vanilla.
3. Beat with egg beater at full speed for 1 minute.
4. Then set in place over rapidly boiling water.
5. Beat mixture constantly with egg beater at full speed, while cooking for 7 minutes.
6. Remove the double boiler top from boiling water.
7. Add the vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes.
8. Fills and frosts generously two 8" or 9" layers, or an 8" x 8" x 2" cake, or 1 dozen cupcakes.

The entire recipe is 655 calories.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive