1- 1/2 cups flour
2 cups milk
zest of 1 lemon (optional)
1/4 cup oil for cooking
• Beat the eggs and salt until well combined.
• Gradually add flour while continuing to beat.
• Gradually add the milk while continuing to beat.
• Leave finished batter on the counter for at least 2 hours, or
• Wrap and place in fridge overnight.
• Melt 1/2-1 tsp of oil in a hot no-stick pan.
• Tilt the pan to run fat around all of the bottom pan surface.
• Pour a little batter into pan.
• Remember, you cannot make good crepes unless the pan is hot.
• Keep the heat at only 1 or 2 marks below "HOT".
• Tilt pan, to let batter to run around to cover the pan.
• When the bottom is golden brown and top lost its wet look, flip over.
• Shake pan to settle crepe evenly in pan.
• Cook until bottom of crepe is also golden.
• Tilt pan over plate and slide crepe out onto a platter.
• Repeat until all the batter is used up.
• Spread crepe with a filling and roll up.
• Repeat until all the crepes are rolled up.
• Sprinkle confectionary sugar on the top. Makes 12 - 15 crepes
When you are comfortable making crepes try using 2 pans.