image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

27.3.10

CREPES - PALACSINTA


3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1- 1/2 cups flour
2 cups milk
zest of 1 lemon (optional)
1/4 cup oil for cooking

• Beat the eggs and salt until well combined.
• Gradually add flour while continuing to beat.
• Gradually add the milk while continuing to beat.
• Leave finished batter on the counter for at least 2 hours, or
• Wrap and place in fridge overnight.

• Melt 1/2-1 tsp of oil in a hot no-stick pan.
• Tilt the pan to run fat around all of the bottom pan surface.
• Pour a little batter into pan.
• Remember, you cannot make good crepes unless the pan is hot.
• Keep the heat at only 1 or 2 marks below "HOT".
• Tilt pan, to let batter to run around to cover the pan.
• When the bottom is golden brown and top lost its wet look, flip over.
• Shake pan to settle crepe evenly in pan.
• Cook until bottom of crepe is also golden.
• Tilt pan over plate and slide crepe out onto a platter.
• Repeat until all the batter is used up.

• Spread crepe with a filling and roll up.
• Repeat until all the crepes are rolled up.
• Sprinkle confectionary sugar on the top. Makes 12 - 15 crepes

When you are comfortable making crepes try using 2 pans.


10 comments:

  1. Thank You (Köszönöm)for this one. My mother always made this but, 'Now i Can'. It is 'Good'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! I am so happy it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From inside and out, these crepes are very delicious! I think i need to convince mom to buy the Nutella again!
    -your granddaughter
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These crepes are #1! They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmmmmm:) These are #1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Hello Makeup Girl! I am a fan too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter made these palacsinta yesterday for my birthday (they are my favorite!!!) and they were absolutely yummy! We filled some with sweet ricotta, some with Körözött and some with chicken. MMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I discovered your blog we have all become addicted to it, it is absolutely wonderful! Thank you soooo much! Sylvia :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Sylvia! Thank you for taking the time to write.

      Delete
  8. I will always write when I try anything from your blog! Next on the list is to make some túró. Sylvia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother used to make these and my favorite filling was lekvar..........yuuummmm! I'll have to make them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive