1/2 cup (120 g) butter
1/3 cup (65 g) sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup (210 g) flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pinch of salt
18 dried figs
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup apricots jam
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
1/4 Tbsp cinnamon
• Combine all the pastry ingredients with an electric mixer.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• On a floured surface you roll out half of the dough into a 12 x 4 inch rectangle.
• Place the filling near the center line lengthwise.
• Fold the dough over on top of itself.
• Press sides together.
• Transfer to the baking sheet placing the edge on the bottom.
• Repeat the process with the other half of the dough.
• Bake the two strips for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
• Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into desired pieces.