Vegetables I used
Arranged in order
As in the photos, you need only small amounts from each vegetable.
1 Tbsp clear pork drippings [from a pork roast or a slab of raw pork fat]
2 Tbsp peanut oil
4 cloves of garlic, diced
1 Tbsp grated ginger
3 Tbsp diced onions
1/2 chicken breast, meat sliced paper thin
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp soya sauce
1/2 cup chopped green beans
1-1/2 cups chicken stock
1 thinly sliced carrot
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 red pepper sliced,
1/2 green pepper cut in chunks
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
• Cut, peel, wash and drain all the vegetables you will be using.
• Slice or dice just what you need.
• Place sliced or diced vegetables in separate little containers.
• Place containers in the order to fry, toughest first, and fast cooking vegetables last.
• Slice the chicken paper thin.
• Place a large non stick fry pan on medium high heat.
• When fry pan truly heated, add the pork fat and the oil.
• Add the garlic and the ginger and fry continually stirring for 1 minute.
• Add the onions and fry continually stirring for 1 minute.
• Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
• Fry the chicken continually stirring until no pink meat remains.
• Stir in 1 Tbsp of soya sauce.
• Add the green beans and fry for 1 minute continually stirring.
• From this point on, each time the fat sizzles, add 1 Tbsp from the chicken stock.
• Add the carrots and fry for 1 minute continually stirring.
• When the fat sizzles, add 1 Tbsp chicken stock.
• Add the cauliflower florets and fry for 1 minute continually stirring.
• When the fat sizzles, add 1 Tbsp of chicken stock.
• Add the red and green peppers and fry for 1/2 minute stirring continuously.
• Remove pan from heat, but do not turn off heat.
• Whisk 1 Tbsp of cornstarch into the remaining chicken stock and set aside.
• Add the broccoli florets and stir.
• Add the thinly sliced celery and stir.
• Add the Savoy cabbage and stir.
• Pour the reserved stock with the cornstarch beside the vegetables and stir.
• When the stock boils up quickly remove pan from the heat.
• Place the stir fry in a serving bowl and top with chopped green onions.
Next day reheated