150 g [roughly 1/3 of a pound] lean pork meat
2+1 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup diced onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 green pepper, diced
1 Roma tomato, chopped
sprinkling of caraway seeds
! Tbsp Hungarian paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Basmati rice
1 Tbsp dried parsley
• Dice the onions.
• Heat the oil in a saucepan.
• Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
• Add the cubed pork and brown lightly; turn to sear every side.
• Stir in the paprika and the caraway seeds.
• Stir in the green pepper and the tomato.
• Add water barely covering the meat.
• Bring to a slow, steady simmer, cover with lid on and cook until tender.
• Add more water if necessary, so it does not burn.
• Meanwhile, cook the rice.
• Transfer the cooked rice to a bowl, add the dried parsley and toss. Set aside.
• By the time the meat is tender, only a little sauce is left.
• Add the meat and sauce to the rice and toss.
• Cover with a plastic dome and heat through in the microwave.
• Makes 2-4 servings