image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

12.4.10

RICE



1 cup of Basmati rice
2 Tbsp oil
1-1/2 cups of hot tap water
salt and pepper to taste

• In a moderately large pot put 2 Tbsp of oil on medium heat.
• Take a regular coffee mug and fill it to the top with rice.
• When the oil is hot, pour in the rice.
• Pan-broil the rice, stirring for a minute or two.
• Add the hot tap water.
• Add some salt and pepper.
• Let the rice come to boil and put the lid on the pot.
• Turn the heat down to its lowest setting and set timer for 5 minutes.
• Do not remove the lid during cooking.
• When the pot has no remaining liquid the rice is done.
• Toss with a fork.

The best rice is Basmati long grained white rice from India.






   

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive