1 cup of Basmati rice
2 Tbsp oil
1-1/2 cups of hot tap water
salt and pepper to taste
• In a moderately large pot put 2 Tbsp of oil on medium heat.
• Take a regular coffee mug and fill it to the top with rice.
• When the oil is hot, pour in the rice.
• Pan-broil the rice, stirring for a minute or two.
• Add the hot tap water.
• Add some salt and pepper.
• Let the rice come to boil and put the lid on the pot.
• Turn the heat down to its lowest setting and set timer for 5 minutes.
• Do not remove the lid during cooking.
• When the pot has no remaining liquid the rice is done.
• Toss with a fork.
The best rice is Basmati long grained white rice from India.