1-1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 very soft and ripe bananas
scant 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 large eggs
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• Line a medium sized loaf pan with parchment paper.
• In a bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and the baking soda. Set it aside.
• Beat the bananas, sugar and the oil on the highest speed for 2 minutes.
• One by one add the eggs beating for a whole minute after each addition.
• Beat the batter for 4 minutes longer.
• Reduce the speed to medium and gradually beat in the flour until just combined. Do not overbeat after the flour is added to the mix. The consistency should be of a cake batter. If it is runny, you either added the eggs too quickly or overbeaten the batter after the flour was added.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
• Run a knife through the batter and tap the pan on the counter a few times to remove the air bubbles. Some air bubbles may remain, but don’t bang it down too hard, you don’t want to deflate the batter.
• Bake the loaf for 45 minutes or longer; until the cake tester inserted comes out clean. It will crack a little on the top.
• Let the loaf cool down a bit and then remove it from the pan.
• Discard the paper liner and let the loaf cool down completely on a wire rack before slicing.