From the Wizard and further adapted from the Olive Garden’s version. This is so good; I have no words to adequately describe it. I often have fettuccine in restaurants but they never quite satisfy. I made some fresh pasta a couple of days ago, well not everything ends up here, plus I don’t post repeats. I still had a bag of cooked fettuccine noodles in the fridge and I thought why not make a plain Alfredo? Let me tell you there is nothing plain about this one. I just ate a small bowl from this pile for breakfast and I think I fulfilled my daily quota of carbo, fat and protein all with one meal. Is this ever good!
1/4 cup white milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
2 egg yolks
salt and pepper to taste
2 sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
4 cups cooked fettuccine noodles
• Place the milk and cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
• Add the minced garlic and bring it to the simmer.
• Slowly whip in the grated cheeses and then remove from heat.
• In a separate bowl, place the egg yolks and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
• Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cream mixture.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Slowly simmer the sauce for 2 minutes and then set it aside.
• Cook the fettuccine noodles and drain.
• Add the chopped parsley and the cooked fettuccine to saucepan.
• Mix it up and serve it immediately.
Yields 3 servings
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ROCOCO CREAM - ROKOKÓ KRÉM
- KOSHER DILL PICKLES
- ALFÖLD MILK SOUP - ALFÖLDI TEJLEVES
- REFREGIRATOR PICKLES
- DILL POTATOES - KAPROS KRUMPLI
- BANANA LOAF
- CUCUMBER AND PURPLE ONION SALAD
- PEPPER AND TOMATO SALAD - PAPRIKA PARADICSOM SALÁT...
- FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- KOHLRABI STEW – KARALÁBÉFŐZELÉK
- DILL PICKLES
- BISHOP’S BREAD – PÜSPÖKKENYÉR
- STUFFED CHICKEN PIECES – TÖLTÖTT DARABOLT CSIRKE
- HUNGARIAN TOMATO SALAD - PARADICSOM SALÁTA
- COCOA LOAF
- ORANGE BEET SALAD
- HUNGARIAN SALAD BRINE - SALÁTALÉ
- HUNGARIAN POTATO BREAD - KRUMPLIS KENYÉR
- FISHERMEN SOUP - HALÁSZLÉ
- WOMEN’S WHIM - NŐI SZESZÉLY
- MASHED POTATO BAKE
- PURPLE CABBAGE SALAD
- CHUNKY TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD
- LEMON HERBED RICE
- ICED COFFEE
- HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SYRUP
- CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- PURPLE SLAW
- BROCCOLI AND BACON PASTA
- PARIS CUTLETS – PÁRIZSI KARAJ
- GOLDEN THAI CURRY WITH FRESH BEANS
- APRICOT VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- HUNGARIAN WALNUT CAKE – DIÓTORTA
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)