image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

22.8.12

FETTUCCINE ALFREDO


From the Wizard and further adapted from the Olive Garden’s version. This is so good; I have no words to adequately describe it. I often have fettuccine in restaurants but they never quite satisfy. I made some fresh pasta a couple of days ago, well not everything ends up here, plus I don’t post repeats. I still had a bag of cooked fettuccine noodles in the fridge and I thought why not make a plain Alfredo? Let me tell you there is nothing plain about this one. I just ate a small bowl from this pile for breakfast and I think I fulfilled my daily quota of carbo, fat and protein all with one meal. Is this ever good!

1/4 cup white milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
2 egg yolks
salt and pepper to taste
2 sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
4 cups cooked fettuccine noodles

• Place the milk and cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
• Add the minced garlic and bring it to the simmer.
• Slowly whip in the grated cheeses and then remove from heat.
• In a separate bowl, place the egg yolks and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
• Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cream mixture.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Slowly simmer the sauce for 2 minutes and then set it aside.
• Cook the fettuccine noodles and drain.
• Add the chopped parsley and the cooked fettuccine to saucepan.
• Mix it up and serve it immediately.
Yields 3 servings

3 comments:

  1. We went to a restaurant in NYC several years ago (wish I could remember the name) and they prepared a carbonara (my favourite splurg pasta) table-side in a huge parmesan ring that had been hollowed out from many table-side preparations. Your dish just reminded me of that experience!
    I adore the texture of home made noodles; do you do them by hand or with a pasta maker attachment? I used to do them by hand but the attachment on my KitchenAid has made that task so much easier. Although these days that attachment is used more for rolling pastry or cookies to be given away rather than pasta (trying to cut the carb down).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zsuzsa, I love such creamy, luscious pasta dishes... You have made me crave for pasta so much! I eat much more rice nowadays and tend to forget pasta (on the other hand I tended to exaggerate with pasta and ate too much of it...).
    I'm impressed by your home-made pasta. You keep on surprising me with your culinary skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, I have an old Italian pasta cranker. It cuts pasta in two sizes. When I make thin pasta, I make it by hand. Might as well, because I have to cut it by hand in the end. I used the pasta cranker for this one.

    Sissi, we ate what you see here for several meals. I try to control the portions besides some things are better reheated anyway. When I cook for company I always send them off with the leftovers. When I bake sometimes we only just taste it and I give away all the rest. If we ate like I cook, I don't think I could fit through the door. Hahaha. It will come to an end though, I am ticking off the dishes I still want to make for my cookbook. Lean times a coming slow but sure. I won't be making pies any time soon. Instead of the usual dozen, maybe I will make one pie when we harvest the apples. My pie eating friend just had a heart attack today. I hope it wasn't my pie... I will be making lots and lots of apple sauce for him this year.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive