GOLDEN THAI CURRY WITH FRESH BEANS
Adapted from Eats Well With Others who adapted it from Vegetarian Times March 2012. I almost left out the peanut butter - I loathe peanut butter, but I tasted the dish and something was missing. So... reluctantly I added the peanut butter and voila, it was not only complete but I couldn't even taste the peanut butter yey! I thought the vegetables would require far less cooking time than suggested; had I followed the instructions I would have ended up with mushy vegetables. This was perfect and delicious and I will make it again.
2 cups cubed sweet potato
1 cup cubed carrots,
1 cup chopped fresh wax or green beans
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup chopped onions
3 minced garlic cloves
1 cup coconut milk
3 Tbsp Thai curry sauce
1 large Tbsp peanut butter
1 cup diced red bell pepper
2 sprigs flat leaf parsley, chopped
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
• Meanwhile chop the vegetables. Cut the sweet potato twice as big as the carrots.
• Add the chopped sweet potatoes, carrots and beans to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
• Meanwhile, slowly cook the onions and garlic in oil.
• Transfer the blanched vegetables to the onions. Do not discard the vegetable stock.
• Add the coconut milk, the curry sauce, 1/3 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter and bring to the boil.
• Reduce to slow simmer and cook for two minutes.
• Adjust the salt. If you need pepper, add a light sprinkling of white pepper.
• Add the chopped bell peppers and the parsley and remove from heat.
• Let it rest for 2 minutes and serve.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ROCOCO CREAM - ROKOKÓ KRÉM
- KOSHER DILL PICKLES
- ALFÖLD MILK SOUP - ALFÖLDI TEJLEVES
- REFREGIRATOR PICKLES
- DILL POTATOES - KAPROS KRUMPLI
- BANANA LOAF
- CUCUMBER AND PURPLE ONION SALAD
- PEPPER AND TOMATO SALAD - PAPRIKA PARADICSOM SALÁT...
- FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- KOHLRABI STEW – KARALÁBÉFŐZELÉK
- DILL PICKLES
- BISHOP’S BREAD – PÜSPÖKKENYÉR
- STUFFED CHICKEN PIECES – TÖLTÖTT DARABOLT CSIRKE
- HUNGARIAN TOMATO SALAD - PARADICSOM SALÁTA
- COCOA LOAF
- ORANGE BEET SALAD
- HUNGARIAN SALAD BRINE - SALÁTALÉ
- HUNGARIAN POTATO BREAD - KRUMPLIS KENYÉR
- FISHERMEN SOUP - HALÁSZLÉ
- WOMEN’S WHIM - NŐI SZESZÉLY
- MASHED POTATO BAKE
- PURPLE CABBAGE SALAD
- CHUNKY TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD
- LEMON HERBED RICE
- ICED COFFEE
- HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SYRUP
- CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- PURPLE SLAW
- BROCCOLI AND BACON PASTA
- PARIS CUTLETS – PÁRIZSI KARAJ
- GOLDEN THAI CURRY WITH FRESH BEANS
- APRICOT VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- HUNGARIAN WALNUT CAKE – DIÓTORTA
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)