STUFFED CHICKEN PIECES – TÖLTÖTT DARABOLT CSIRKE
Breast of Chicken
Hungarian style stuffing adds great flavour to chicken. Use 2 whole legs or 4 thighs or 2 halves of a chicken breast for this recipe. Remove the bones, but keep the skin attached if at all possible. You can stuff skinless deboned chicken breasts too, but the skin helps to keep the meat intact or from drying out during baking. Furthermore, the skin ads flavour to the meat. It is easy to remove the skin just before serving.
Always roast the chicken pieces in a metal pan or pot with a well fitting lid. Foil cover doesn’t seem to work that well. You need a lidded roaster or an ovenproof pot with a well fitting lid. If you roast chicken pieces this way, your meat will stay succulent.
deboned, butteflied and stuffed thighs
thighs rolled up in the frypan
Stuffed Chicken Pieces
4 half chicken thighs
salt to taste
1 batch of Hungarian chicken stuffing
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Wash, dry and salt the meat.
• Keeping the skin on the chicken, remove the bones.
• Do not discard; the bones are good for stock.
• Place the meat with the skin down on a cutting board.
• Butterfly and lightly pound the meat out with a meat tenderizer.
• Lightly salt the meat and set it aside.
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Make the stuffing next.
• Divide the stuffing on the meat and roll them up, so the skin is on the outside.
• Tie up each piece with a kitchen cord.
• Place 2 Tbsp olive oil in a non-stick fry pan.
• Heat the oil and arrange the chicken pieces in the pan.
• Cook each side for 1 minute until it browns slightly, searing in the juices.
• Transfer the meat to a lidded ovenproof metal pot or a small roaster with a lid.
• Pour the remaining juices from the fry-pan over the meat.
• Cover and place in the preheated oven.
• When the skin begins to get a bit of color, cover and continue roasting covered.
• Uncover for the last twenty minutes to crisp up the top.
• Remove from the oven and discard the kitchen cords.
• Tent with aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ROCOCO CREAM - ROKOKÓ KRÉM
- KOSHER DILL PICKLES
- ALFÖLD MILK SOUP - ALFÖLDI TEJLEVES
- REFREGIRATOR PICKLES
- DILL POTATOES - KAPROS KRUMPLI
- BANANA LOAF
- CUCUMBER AND PURPLE ONION SALAD
- PEPPER AND TOMATO SALAD - PAPRIKA PARADICSOM SALÁT...
- FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- KOHLRABI STEW – KARALÁBÉFŐZELÉK
- DILL PICKLES
- BISHOP’S BREAD – PÜSPÖKKENYÉR
- STUFFED CHICKEN PIECES – TÖLTÖTT DARABOLT CSIRKE
- HUNGARIAN TOMATO SALAD - PARADICSOM SALÁTA
- COCOA LOAF
- ORANGE BEET SALAD
- HUNGARIAN SALAD BRINE - SALÁTALÉ
- HUNGARIAN POTATO BREAD - KRUMPLIS KENYÉR
- FISHERMEN SOUP - HALÁSZLÉ
- WOMEN’S WHIM - NŐI SZESZÉLY
- MASHED POTATO BAKE
- PURPLE CABBAGE SALAD
- CHUNKY TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD
- LEMON HERBED RICE
- ICED COFFEE
- HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SYRUP
- CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- PURPLE SLAW
- BROCCOLI AND BACON PASTA
- PARIS CUTLETS – PÁRIZSI KARAJ
- GOLDEN THAI CURRY WITH FRESH BEANS
- APRICOT VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- HUNGARIAN WALNUT CAKE – DIÓTORTA
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)