image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

8.8.11

BLENDER HOLLANDAISE SAUCE


This hollandaise sauce is very easy and convenient. It makes not quite a cup, but this is all you will need to pour over a large bowl of asparagus at a dinner party. I will embark on the most elaborate recipe to get to a certain flavour, however I fail to see the need to make traditional hollandaise sauce when you can make this delicious version in the blender with minimal effort and in a fraction of time. We are overflowing in wax beans at the moment and for variety I whipped this up last night. Jim is not a saucy guy, but he kept dipping his beans into the little cup of sauce I gave him. Me? I poured it on everything!

3 egg yolks
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
Place the egg yolks, salt, mustard, and lemon juice in a blender.
Cover and process on Blend.

• Remove the little feeder cap and pour the hot melted butter in at a slow, steady stream.
• When the butter is all poured in and the mixture is emulsified [it will resemble mayonnaise] it is ready to use.
• Pour it into a container and use immediately or cover and refrigerate for use later.
• Whisk and reheat in the microwave before serving.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive