2 salmon strips or fillets
1/2 cup Chinese cooking wine or Japanese sake
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 shallots or green onions including stalks
sprigs of fresh dill and fresh parsley
3/4 cup of water
• Soak the salmon in for 1/2 hour in Chinese cooking wine.
• Peel and chop the shallots, wash the fresh dill and parsley and chop into 2-3 inch lengths.
• To a non stick fry pan add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
• Add the shallots, dill and parsley and turn on the heat.
• Lay the marinated salmon with skin side down over the greens.
• Season the fish with salt and pepper.
• Pour the water beside the fish, cover and poach for 4-5 minutes.
• Start checking for doneness early, the fish will be ready rather quickly, and there is a fine line between just done and overdone. I still can’t believe how good this turned out to be.