3-4 white fish filets
2 Tbsp cold butter, chopped into small chunks
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of Panco Flakes [Japanese style bread crumbs]
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Wash the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• Line a rimmed metal baking pan with parchment paper.
• Scatter the butter over the parchment.
• In a small bowl whisk one egg.
• Place the whisked egg on a plate.
• Place the Panco Flakes on another plate.
• One by one slide the fish filets over the egg wash. Try not to get egg wash on the other side.
• Place the fillet into the Panco Flakes with the egg wash side down.
• Place the fillets on the butter with the bare side down and with the Panco Flakes on the top.
• Lightly spray the top with cooking spray. This will help to crisp up the Panco Flakes.
• Bake for 8 minutes, then remove and serve.