1-3/4 cups + 2 Tbsp bread flour
1/4+1/4 cup of cream or milk
1 tsp sugar
1 pkg. rapid dry yeast
1 cup cooked potatoes
1-1/2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
• Begin with the leavening. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of milk, 1 tsp sugar and one package of yeast.
• Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of flour on the top, cover and sat aside for proofing.
• Peel, chop and boil the potatoes until soft.
• Pour off the water and mash the potatoes.
• Add 1-1/2 Tbsp butter, 1/4 cup of milk and 1 tsp salt.
• Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl and set them aside to cool.
• Meanwhile place 1-3/4 cups of flour in a large mixing bowl.
• When the potatoes are cool add these to the flour and pour in the frothy yeast mixture.
• Combine the dough and kneed it until soft and very elastic.
• Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with a clean tea towel.
• Let the dough rise for 30 minutes, kneed again, and let rise for 30 more minutes.
• After the second rising shape the dough on a floured board into16 balls.
• In a large cooking pot, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil.
• Place a little oil on the board and shape one ball into a flatbread with your hands.
• Lower the flatbread into the frying oil.
• As soon as a flatbread is placed in the oil, quickly flatten out the next ball and shape it into a flatbread.
• Return to the frying flatbread, turn it over and fry until both sides are nice golden.
• Remove flatbread from the oil and place on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt.
• After all the flatbreads are fried one by one, spread them with a topping of your choice.