4 cups of thinly sliced white cabbage
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
salt to taste
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1/8 cup flour
1 cup good chicken stock
3/4 cup tomato sauce
sugar to taste
• Slice the white cabbage and set aside.
• Place 4 Tbsp olive oil in the pot and add the diced onions.
• Sauté the onions until transparent.
• Add the sliced cabbage and salt to taste.
• Add the caraway seeds.
• Slowly sauté the cabbage, stirring often to al dante.
• Stir in the flour and quickly add the chicken stock.
• Stir to combine.
• Add the tomato sauce, stir and bring to slow simmer.
• Bit by bit add sugar to taste.
• Cover and let dish rest for half an hour.
• Reheat and serve with European wieners.