2 Tbsp loose leaf black tea
1/2-1 cup sugar
lemon or orange wedges
• Place a large fine sieve over a medium sized metal pot.
• Put 2 Tbsp of loose leaf tea or 2 teabags in the sieve.
• Bring the cattle of water to full boil.
• Pour the boiling water over the tea leaves and fill the pot.
• Let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
• Lift off the sieve and discard the tea leaves.
• Let the tea cool.
• When the tea is lukewarm pour the tea into a glass pitcher.
• Add cold water to fill up the pitcher.
• Sweeten the tea sparingly with sugar, honey or with Splenda. Keep in mind that chilled tea requires less sweetener.
• Add lemon slices and place in the fridge overnight.
• Next day add 3-4 ice cubes to a tall glass and pour in some tea.
• Now wasn’t it worth the wait?