zest of 1-1/2 lemons
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water.
• Place the pot on the stove and bring the water to boiling.
• Meanwhile remove the zest from the lemons, but avoid the white pith.
• Cream the butter and the sugar and add the lemon zest.
• Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter.
• Pour in the lemon juice and mix to combine.
• Place a stainless steal bowl over the boiling water.
• Pour the mixture into the stainless steel bowl.
• Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, whisking constantly.
• Bring the mixture to just below simmer at 170F.
• Remove from heat, strain through a fine sieve.
• Cover with plastic wrap immediately.
• Let curd cool.