1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp chilled hard margarine
3 Tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp vinegar
- Make the chocolate Mousse first. Click HERE for the full recipe.
- Next make half a batch of flaky pastry.
- Roll the pastry out on parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife cut 6 randomly shaped half circles. You can let you imagination run, what shape you end up with doesn’t really matter. It can just as easily be a triangle.
- I cut through the paper around the pastry and slid the whole thing onto a baking sheet.
- Poke around on the pastry with a fork. It will still bulge up in a few places during baking, so open the oven door and poke it down.
- Click HERE for the full recipe.
- Just before serving, wash the raspberries and lay them out on a paper towel lined tray to dry.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and the vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fill the piping bag [with the star tip] with the chocolate mouse.
- Fill the piping bag [with the round tip] with the whipped cream.
- Assemble the plate as shown.
- Yields: 6 servings