3 egg whites
3 egg yolks
top with dried or candied fruit or maple syrup or with shaved chocolate.
- Place the milk in a wide pot on medium heat.
- Meanwhile whip the egg whites and salt by a standing beater until stiff peaks show.
- Transfer the stiff egg whites to a medium bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until very thick.
- Once the milk comes to the boil slowly add the cream of wheat.
- Continuously stirring, slow simmer until cream of wheat thickens.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Scoop a cupful of hot cream of wheat and gradually beat it into the whipped egg yolk mixture.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the pot and put it back on the medium heat.
- Continuously stirring, simmer it for a couple of minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and fold in the stiff egg whites.
- Put it back on medium heat and continuously stirring cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Serve it in large cups with dried or candied fruit or maple syrup or with shaved chocolate.
- Yields 4 servings.
- We really liked it.