1 vanilla bean
3/4 cup whole milk
1-1/4 cups whipping cream
dash of salt
2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Fully line a round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and the salt until the mixture stabilizes and doesn’t froth more.
- Scrape a split vanilla bean into the mixture and beat to combine.
- Continue beating, gradually adding the flour alternatively with the milk and the whipping cream. It will be quite runny.
- Transfer to the prepared cake pan and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top bounces back when lightly touched.
- Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.