Authentic lacipecsenye, [translation laci steak] is a slab of pork steak fried in home rendered lard. Not always from the best of cuts either. Served on a thick slice of bread, it was the 15th century equivalent of fast food. Every open air market in
boneless pork steaks
- Pound out the meat with a tenderizer. Cut into them so they won’t curl up during frying.
- Rub crushed garlic into the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap and chill overnight.
- Heat up the lard and fry the meat.
- Serve with a slice of artisan bread or between a sandwich bun.