1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup milk
2-1/2 tsp instant yeast
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup icing sugar
2 tsp hot water
- Combine the bread flour, salt, sugar, eggs, milk, heavy cream and the melted butter.
- Add the instant yeast and kneed the dough until very, very elastic.
- Place in a buttered bowl, flip over and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rise until doubled.
- Line the bottom of two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into an 18x12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with the chopped fruits and the lemon zest.
- From the longest edge roll up the dough in jelly roll fashion.
- Cut into 12 equal portions and arrange on the prepared baking trays.
- Leave a 2 inch space around the buns, hence the use of two baking trays.
- Brush the tops with the melted butter.
- Let the buns rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the buns in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and the bottoms sound hollow when tapped.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl.
- Add hot water and stir to make smooth paste with drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle icing over the buns.