image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

25.9.12

45 MINUTE PIZZA


My original pizza recipe makes two perfect pizzas, but it requires time to rise and to grow. I was thinking that instead of letting the dough rise twice; I would stretch the dough by hand and bake it at a slightly lower oven temperature. From start to finish, in just 45 minutes I got a lovely thin crust pizza. How long have you been waiting for that pizza guy to arrive? I just pulled mine out of the oven [haha the pizza] and it’s delicious.

1-1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/8 cup oil
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
desired toppings

• Place flour sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix to combine.
• On lightly floured board kneed for a couple of minutes until soft and pliable.
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• Begin to flatten the dough into a shape that corresponds to the baking sheet you will be using.
• I used a round pizza stone, so I shaped mine into a round.
• Leave a small ridge around the perimeter and stretch the dough very thin.
• Lightly oil your baking pan and lay in the dough.
• Spread lightly with pizza sauce.
• Place the desired toppings on the top. [I used thinly sliced fresh red pepper, a finely chopped ripe tomato, and a handful of crumbled feta cheese.]
• Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
• Top with a Tbsp of chopped herb. [I used fresh parsley]
• Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until golden.
• Yields 1 large thin crust pizza.

 

4 comments:

  1. Zsuzsa, I cannot believe it's a home-made pizza. It looks so perfect, thin and your photo is like from a food magazine. Congratulations! I feel that you are able to bake absolutely anything. Hungarian, Italian, French, no matter the origins...
    (Sorry again for late comments).

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh I wish. I made a fabulous cake last week, but it fell apart on me. I almost took a photo of it but then I chickened out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Zsuzsa,

    This pizza looks delicious!

    What brand pizza stone do you use and where to get it?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello R,

    Thank you. The pizza stone was made by a potter friend years ago who is unfortunately no longer pots anymore. I used to have three stones but then one cracked and now I have only two. If you find a good one somewhere on line, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive