3 cups chopped plums
3/4 + 1/8 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 + 1/8 cup finely ground almonds
8 Tbsp apple juice
2-1/4 cups self-raising flour
2 Tbsp finely grated orange rinds
White Chocolate Glaze:
3 squares white chocolate [28g each square]
1/4 cup whipping cream
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Wash and stone the plums, cut them into bite sized chunks.
• Beat the butter and sugar until very fluffy.
• Beat in the eggs one at a time.
• Add the oatmeal, almonds, apple juice, flour and orange rinds and beat until fully incorporated.
• Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
• Fully line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure the paper extends well over the pan. The paper will adhere to the cooking spray.
• Bake for 65 - 70 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
• Place the loaf pan on a wire rack to cool.
• While the loaf is cooling, melt the chocolate and the whipping cream in a pot on the stove, continually stirring.
• When half of the chocolate is melted, remove pot from heat and keep stirring until the residual heat melts the remaining chocolate chunks.
• Grasp onto the parchment overhangs and carefully remove the loaf from the pan.
• Carefully transfer to a tray. [It will be fragile]
• Now cover the bottom of a small funnel with a little piece of parchment paper and secure it with an elastic band. This will allow you to fill up the funnel without loosing any of the glaze.
• Position the funnel over the loaf and remove the parchment and the elastic band.
• Move the funnel over the loaf in close zigzags; drizzling the top with the white chocolate glaze.
• Let the glaze dry before slicing.