40 Italian plums
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp Fruit Fresh
• Wash the apples and the plums.
• Peel and core the apples and de-stone the plums.
• Slice the apples and chop the plums into a heavy bottomed pot.
• Add the water, sugar and the Fruit Fresh.
• Bring it to boil, and then reduce heat to maintain a low simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Meanwhile wash the jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. • Place the jars in 225F oven for ten minutes. Keep them in the oven until ready to fill. • Meanwhile place the jam funnel and the ladle in a medium large pot and add the flat lids. • Pour boiling water into the saucepan.
• Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
• As the fruit begins to soften, the sauce will start to reduce. At this point you will have to stir it very often.
• When the fruit is soft, mash and puree. I used a blander.
• Remove the hot jars from the oven and ladle the apple and plum sauce in, filling to within 1/8 inch of the tops.
• Wipe the jar rims and threads.
• Cover with the lids.
• Screw the bands on tightly.
• Place the jars in the preheated 225F oven for 2 hours.
• Remove jars and place upright to cool completely. Do not tighten the caps.