12 Italian plums
1 cup apple cider [or apple juice]
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 stick of cinnamon
1 Tbsp chopped crystalline ginger [optional]
• Wash the apples and the plums.
• Peel and core the apples and destine the plums.
• Slice the apples and chop the plums into a heavy bottomed pot.
• Add the apple cider, the sugar, lemon zest and the spices.
• Bring it to boil, and then reduce heat to maintain a low simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Mash and puree the fruit.
• The sauce will keep up to one week covered and chilled.
• Yields about 2.5 cups
Adapted from eCurry.com