1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp French mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/8 cup finely grated red onion
1-1/2 tsp poppy seeds
• Pour the olive and canola oil into a measuring cup and set it aside.
• Add the sugar, mustard, red onion and salt to the jar of a blender.
• Pour in the vinegar and blend on high until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
• With the motor still running, remove the lid from the blender and pour in the combined oils in a steady stream until emulsified.
• Pour the dressing into sterilized jar, add the poppy seeds and shake to combine.
• Seal the jar and refrigerate until use.
• Makes about 2 cups