2 fresh parsley sprigs
1 + 1/4 cups water
sprinkling of Fruit Fresh
1 Tbsp sugar
salt to taste
1/2 cup 14% sour cream
1 Tbsp cornstarch
• Wash and peel the apples.
• Cut into quarters and remove the cores.
• Cut the quarters into 1/2 cm thick slices.
• Place the apple slices in a pot.
• Add 1 cup water, a sprinkling of Fruit Fresh, 1 Tbsp sugar and salt to taste.
• Bring to the simmer and slow cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
• Combine the cornstarch and the sour cream.
• Add 1/4 cup of water and whisk to combine.
• Place a fine sieve over the skillet with the apples and force the sour cream mixture through the sieve.
• Gently stir the sour cream mixture into the apple liquid and return to heat.
• Bring to the boil and slowly simmer for 1 minute.
• Remove from heat.
• Discard the fresh parsley and serve the sauce.