2-4 servings of small new potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley [but not cilantro]
salt to taste
• Place the new potatoes in a large bowl of water.
• Let them sit in the water for 30 minutes.
• Scrape the skin off with a paring knife.
• Rinse them and chop the larger potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Leave the small ones whole.
• Place the oil and butter in a non stick fry pan over medium heat..
• When the butter melts, add the potatoes.
• Turn heat down just a little and place a lid on the fry pan.
• Meanwhile rinse the fresh parsley and chop. Sprinkle with salt and chop very finely.
• Sauté the potatoes until they start to get a little color. By then they will be tender.
• Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer potatoes to a serving bowl.
• Add the chopped parsley and gently toss.
• Serve immediately.