1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/2 white onion
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp sambal oelek [chilli paste]
2 pinches of saffron
salt and pepper to taste
6 Italian plums
• Slice the chicken breast diagonally into strips.
• Sprinkle with salt on both sides and set it aside.
• Meanwhile, heat two tablespoons of grape seed oil in a large skillet.
• Add the onions and sauté for two minutes over medium heat.
• Add the turmeric.
• Add the chicken strips and fry, turning over continuously until chicken begins to get a little color.
• Add the chicken stock, the tomato the chilli paste and the saffron.
• Continue cooking until chicken strips are tender.
• Adjust the salt and season with ground pepper.
• Wash the plums and slice in half removing the stones.
• Cut each half into two pieces.
• Add the prune slices to the skillet and bring it to a boil.
• Immediately remove the skillet from heat.
• Serve over rice.