1 cup vanilla flavoured cookie crumbs
2 Tbsp melted butter
3/4 cup cream cheese
1 Tbsp sugar
3 white chocolate squares, barely melted
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Combine the cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into an 8×8x2 inch baking pan.
• Bake the base in the preheated oven for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown lightly.
• Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
• Turn the oven down to 325F.
• Place the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and the egg yolks.
• Partially melt the white chocolate squares in a small pot on medium low heat.
• Remove from heat and stir until the remaining chunks melt from the residual heat.
• An alternative is to melt the chocolate, continually stirring, in the top half of a double boiler. it up until doubled in size.
• Gradually pour in the melted chocolate into the cream cheese, beating all the while.
• Beat for 4 minutes or until mixture doubles. Set aside.
• In a clean bowl and with clean beater, whip up the egg whites until stiff peaks fold.
• Gradually fold the beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
• Pour this over the baked crust.
• Select a rimmed baking pan the 8X8 pan will easily fit into.
• Fill the larger pan with about and inch of water and place it in the 325F oven.
• Place the pan with the cheesecake in the middle of the larger pan.
• Shot the oven door and bake for 25 minutes or until the sides are starting to get a little color.
• Remove from heat and let the bar cool. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours and then slice into 16 squares.