3/8 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 egg white
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
• In a mixing bowl beat the butter, sugars, vanilla extract and egg white until light and fluffy.
• In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and the salt.
• Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter, scraping the sides of the bowl until fully incorporated.
• Continue to beat until the dough forms.
• Roll the dough into a log and wrap it plastic wrap.
• Place in the freezer for an hour
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• [Place in the fridge for 1 hour if you want thicker, softer cookies.]
• Remove the plastic and slice the log into the desired thickness.
• Place the cookies 1.5 cm apart on a prepared baking sheet.
• Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
• Put the remaining dough back into the freezer or the fridge.
• They will be soft when you remove them. Let them solidify before moving to a wire rack to cool.
• I baked 72 cookies in three batches.