4 cups water
1 tsp oil
pasta for two
1/2 tsp salt
3 slices of thick bacon
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup reserved pasta water
black pepper to taste
additional shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
• Bring the water to boiling and add the salt.
• Add the pasta and cook to package directions.
• Meanwhile chop the bacon and slow fry on medium heat.
• Discard the bacon fat and set aside the bacon.
• Next grate and shave the parmesan cheese, and chop the parsley.
• In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks with the grated parmesan cheese.
• Drain the cooked pasta, but reserve some of the pasta water.
• Put the pasta back into the same pot.
• Stir in the yolk and cheese mixture.
• Stir in the bacon and the chopped parsley.
• Add the reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
• Adjust the seasoning.
• Finally sprinkle with the shaved parmesan.
• If pasta is too dry add a little more pasta water.