For a darker sauce use brown sugar instead of granulated. I wanted a bit of contrast with the dark pudding that is steaming away on the stove at the moment. The taste of this sauce is exqusite. I had to stop myself from tasting it again, it was about time, there are already 5 used tablespoons in the sink... Zsuzsa was BAD today.
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup brown or white sugar
1 cup table cream
3 Tbsp rum
• Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
• Mix together the sugar and cornstarch.
• Stir the sugar mixture into the melted butter.
• Stir in the table cream.
• Bring to slow simmer.
• Cook stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
• Remove from heat and stir in rum.
• Serve warm on Marybelle's Flaming Pudding.