1-1/4 cups icing sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• In a medium bowl, on high speed, cream the butter and the sugar.
• Add the salt.
• Stir in the egg yolks and vanilla extract.
• Reduce speed and start adding the flour.
• Keep beating until smooth dough forms.
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment and roll out the dough on top.
• Cut desired shapes with a cookie cutter
• Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
• Remove and let cookies cool before decorating.
• Melt 1/3 cup pure chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp butter in the microwave.
• Stir and spoon into a small zyplock bag.
• As you close the bag try to press out the air.
• Twisting the bag, force the chocolate to one corner, and with scissors snip a small bit off the corner.
• Squeeze out icing to make polka dots and squiggles
• Yield 30 cookies