1 cup raw Basmati rice or 3 cups cooked
1/2 English cucumber
1/8 cup red onions
4 green onions
1/2 roasted red pepper
1/3 cup black olives, sliced
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 tsp dry oregano or a handful of fresh, chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp plain yogurt
handful of baby spinach
• Place the cooked cold rice in a large salad bowl.
• To separate the rice kernels, lightly toss with hands.
• Scoop out the tomato seeds and discard seeds or set them aside for another use.
• Dice the tomato, cucumber, red and green onion.
• Chop the roasted red pepper into larger chunks.
• Add the oregano and the black olives
• Crumble half of the feta and add to the rice.
• Gently toss.
• Adjust the salt and sprinkle with ground pepper.
• In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and the yogurt.
• Add to the salad and gently toss.
• Cover and chill for 2 hours.
• Toss in the baby spinach.
• Sprinkle the top with the remaining feta and serve.
Serves 6 -8