1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
1 tsp of your choice of flavouring [I used dill, grated parmesan, lemon pepper and garlic powder]
4 tsp olive oil
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Combine ingredients in a bowl.
• Add the water gradually; you may not need all of it. You need just enough water to form a ball.
• Divide the dough and shape into four balls.
• Place one ball on a sheet of parchment paper and roll out the dough as thin as you can manage. Occasionally flip the dough, this makes for easier rolling. The dough will not stick [not unless you put in too much water]. Always roll from the middle in each direction.
• Slide the parchment paper onto a large baking sheet.
• With a ravioli or pizza cutter cut up the dough and slightly separate the crackers.
• Bake the crackers for 10 minutes or until they start getting a little colour. Beware these crackers can over bake in seconds.
the dill crackers
baked for 10 minutes
I rerolled the scraps