3-4 Tbsp corn oil
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup butter cut into small pieces
1/2 cup icing sugar
sprinkle of salt
• Add the corn oil to a heavy pot and add the popcorn kernels.
• Turn on heat medium-high.
• When the kernels begin to pop, put a tight fitting lid on the pot.
• Pop the corn.
• When the popping slows down remove pot from heat.
• Wait until the popping stops.
• Remove lid and add the butter in small chunks.
• Add the icing sugar and sprinkle with salt.
• Place pot back on the heat and gently stir the popcorn, coating the popcorn evenly with the butter and the sugar. Soon the sugar will begin to caramelize.
• Patiently continue stirring until the popcorn is deep golden brown and fragrant.
• Pour onto a baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
• As it cools, which is rather quickly, the caramel popcorn hardens.