1/2 pound of assorted vegetables
1/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp corn flour
ice-cold soda water
vegetable oil for deep frying
• Make the Mild Tempura Dipping Sauce first.
• Wash and slice the vegetables.
• Add the flour and corn flour to a mixing bowl.
• Stir in ice-cold soda water gradually. The mixture should be slightly thicker than buttermilk.
• Don’t mix thoroughly; keep the batter lumpy.
• Dip the vegetables into the batter, shaking off excess.
• Deep fry vegetables in oil until light golden and crisp.
• Turn the vegetables to cook both sides equally.
• Remove with a slotted spoon and shake off excess oil.
• Drain on paper towels.
• Serve with Mild Tempura Dipping Sauce