3 cups whole milk
1/2 cup Arborio rice
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
sprinkle of nutmeg
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup whipping cream
• In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the milk, rice, and salt.
• Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender.
• Add more milk if needed.
• Stir the milk mixture often to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
• When the rice is tender remove from heat, add the sugar, the vanilla extract and the ground nutmeg.
• Return to heat and cook until the rice pudding thickens.
• Remove from heat; stir in the butter and add the raisins.
• Spoon the pudding into serving dishes, cover with plastic wrap and chill.
• Serve rice pudding with sweetened whipped cream.