1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2-1/2 cups whole milk
3 egg yolks
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 vanilla bean
2 tsp vanilla extract
• In a larger saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and the salt.
• Gradually whisk in the milk and the eggs yolks.
• Slice open a vanilla bean, and scrape the seeds into the milk. Add the pod too.
• Place the pot on medium heat and stirring constantly with a balloon whisk.
• When the milk begins to bubble, reduce the heat and start whisking vigorously.
• Cook the pudding for one more minute.
• Remove from heat and add the unsalted butter and the vanilla extract.
• Pour through a fine metal sieve into a heatproof bowl.
• Cover with plastic wrap right on the surface of the pudding, making sure no skin can form on top.
• Chill before serving. Makes 4-6 servings