It is now day two. The cinnamon rolls that are left are still soft and lovely.
4 cups white bread flour
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp instant dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk, lightly warmed
3 eggs, whisked with a fork
2 Tbsp vinegar
1/3 cup butter, soft
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Topping
125 g cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, soft
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla
• Measure out your ingredients first with the half cup sweep method..
• In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup wheat gluten, 2 Tbsp instant dry yeast and 1/2 tsp of the salt
• In small bowls melt the butter and lightly heat the milk.
• In a medium sized bowl, whisk 3 eggs to combine the yolks with the whites.
• Add the lukewarm milk and then the melted butter and whisk to combine.
• Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
• Add the vinegar and beat dough for three minutes on high speed.
• Start adding the remaining flour, half a cup at the time.
• Fully incorporate flour into the dough.
• Keep adding half a cup of flour to the dough until the last half a cup.
• Add only as much flour as needed to make light almost sticky dough.
• Pour the remaining flour on the board.
• Start kneading incorporating only as much flour into the dough only as necessary.
• Shape into a ball.
• Place in a greased bowl, turning once.
• Meanwhile prepare the cinnamon filling.
• Combine filling ingredients.
• Pat and roll into a rectangle and spread it end to end evenly with the cinnamon filling.
• Beginning at the edge furthest from you, begin to roll up the square.
• Cut into twelve pieces.
• Place on a parchment lined and buttered pan, cut side up.
• Brush the surface with melted butter.
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• After they doubled, bake them until light golden brown.