4 medium sized red potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
salt to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp fine Herbs de Provencale
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• Scrub and dry the potatoes.
• Slice potatoes as thinly as possible.
• Thinly slice the onion.
• In a small saucepan, melt the butter in olive oil.
• Remove saucepan from heat.
• Add salt to taste.
• Stir in the minced garlic and the Herbs de Provencale.
• Brush the baking dish with this butter mixture.
• Arrange the sliced potatoes upright in the dish.
• Insert slices of onions between the potatoes.
• Pour the remaining butter mixture over the potatoes.
• Bake potatoes at 375 F for 1 hour or until they are golden brown and crispy.