image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

22.1.12

CARAMEL POPCORN


This recipe comes from “Chef Michael Smith’s Kitchen, 100 Of My Favourite Easy Recipes”. This may seem like a small amount but you get four descent-sized servings from it and it’s really addictive. I would not want to pick out un-popped kernels from this dish. As annoying the ads are Orville Redenbacher's popcorn is the best.

3-4 Tbsp corn oil
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup butter cut into small pieces
1/2 cup icing sugar
sprinkle of salt
salt

• Add the corn oil to a heavy pot and add the popcorn kernels.
• Turn on heat medium-high.
• When the kernels begin to pop, put a tight fitting lid on the pot.
• Pop the corn.
• When the popping slows down remove pot from heat.
• Wait until the popping stops.
• Remove lid and add the butter in small chunks.
• Add the icing sugar and sprinkle with salt.
• Place pot back on the heat and gently stir the popcorn, coating the popcorn evenly with the butter and the sugar. Soon the sugar will begin to caramelize.
• Patiently continue stirring until the popcorn is deep golden brown and fragrant.
• Pour onto a baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
• As it cools, which is rather quickly, the caramel popcorn hardens.

2 comments:

  1. Love your caramel popcorn, Zsuzsa! Such a great snack to munch on in the evening, watching T.V.!

    BTW-sorry about you having trouble with my "choppy" blog page...actually it's meant to be choppy, to put a "cut" to separate the page, done on purpose, for Foodbuzz Community which I belong to, to add more page view! There's always more to the post where you see on the bottom...READ MORE, just click on it to continue. Lots of food bloggers have this! If there is something else, please advice me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the simplicity of it and it tasted very good. But it's very addictive.

    OK I will do that.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive