1/2 pound thin green beans [haricot vert], trimmed
1/8 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 Tbsp dry parsley
sprinkling of dry thyme
1/2 Tbsp dry basil
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkling of fresh lemon juice
• Bring a medium sized pot of salty water to full rolling boil.
• Meanwhile prepare a large bowl of ice water.
• Boil the beans for 1-2 minutes.
• Plunge them into the ice water. This will stop the cooking and set the color.
• Drain the beans and pat dry.
• On medium heat, melt the butter in a large sauté pan.
• Add the diced onions and cook until very soft.
• Add the green beans and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
• Meanwhile add all the herbs.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
• Remove the sauté pan from the heat.
• Sprinkle beans with a sprinkling of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
• Toss to combine.
• Serve beans with lemon wedges.