6 medium sized carrots
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp real maple syrup
sprinkling of salt
freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Peel the carrots and cut off the ends.
• Cut the carrots lengthwise into two or three pieces depending on the thickness. Cut uniformly so carrots can cook at the same rate.
• Steam the carrots in a steamer basket, but only to el dente. They will be so hot they will continue to soften even after you drain them. [Some people plunge them into ice water at this point to stop the cooking, but if you time it well, there is no need to do this.]
• Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a non-stick fry pan.
• Drain the carrots and quickly transfer them to the fry pan.
• Add 1 Tbsp maple syrup, a sprinkling of salt and squeeze a bit of lemon over them.
• Gently sauté the carrots until the sauce have reduced to a glaze.
• Remove from heat and serve immediately.